- a new podcast review
- beer tidbit
- Sunday’s at National
- alarm clock for a 6 year old
We’ve been steeling away lately -now that our daughter is 6 and can be dropped off at a left at a birthday party – and heading to The National for a couple hours of adult time it’s been fabulous
– We start with x6, 3 each oysters east coast is our favourite served on a bed of crushed ice, with freshly grated horseradish and 3 sauces to spoon on with a tiny spoon that likely holds several drops- you sprinkle on either the tomatoe based, sweet one OR the zingy vinegar pickle one OR the sweet sauce all are clear sauces and you have to put all three on with a topping of fresh ginger so yummy
– seafood chowder made with House smoked cod, crab and lobster pieces mussels and scallops as well as veggies in a rich broth Let me see i can describe this soup! It’s rich and luxurious I’m not one to choose clam chowder like ever then my hubby said we should try it – worth the risk
– next we order tater tots with a spicy may on the side – that’s basically it
Add enjoy a tasty pint of raspberry beer on the side…
all good and worth the stop
last weekend we happened to be downtown walking and snapping photos when we decided we needed this lunch – even tho we were with London – yep now she knows our secret
and after we ate this amazing combination the waitress asked if we were going to bowl we knew there was a bowling alley in the basement of this National location but didn’t know it was free on Sundays with a meal…
We played and enjoyed for an hour or so what a nice way to end the day here’s some of my walking pics!
My podcast review this week is…
- Under the Influence gives you a rare backstage pass into the hallways, boardrooms and recording studios of the ad industry. Terry O’Reilly has a great voice, convincing plot lines and I always want more episodes. He has first hand experience, produces his podcast out of an airstream mobile studio.
well it’s official our 6 year old is waking up by alarm clock and she likes it and its working so…we have an old iPhone with no SIM card – works off wifi anyway w showed her how to charge – it set the time and pick her alarm sound then voila she’s in like Flynn 3 days in a row worked!!
Listen to the podcast and let me know what you think by leaving me a comment on iTunes, stitcher, google play, blubrry and tuneIn radio or wherever you get your podcasts.
Music for this show is provided through Garage Band
80 Mirage Topper
Ping Pong Topper
including the sound effects of the bowling strike, alarm clock as well as the rooster call,
The intro and outro for this podcast is recorded by London Moss
The podcast is produced by me Valerie Moss, through Garage Band and WordPress.
Thanks for listening.