- Originally Completed: May 2, 2022
- Technique: Raw Edge Applique
- Number of Pieces: 6
- Blocks Completed to Date: 10
(get your Dear Jane book coil bound, cost +/- $5 at Staples…trust me, it makes things easier)
This was a super easy block to complete and instead of adding these corner seams beyond the ‘corner rounded triangle thingy’s’ I just finger pressed the fabric.
This blog name gave me a bit of a pause because I did a podcast on this very name reference to cardinal direction. This is something that I just don’t have – a honing device in my brain for which way is WEST! You can listen to ‘Compass Which Way’ if you feel so inclined. My husband and some of my friends just have this knack of knowing the right way or the North direction.
this ^^ round table is actually an antique piano stool, circa 1890s (wish I played) I use it as my stool to sew on, it swivels, has claw feet with glass balls, and just the most perfect backdrop for these little blocks. The scissors are 4″ Gingher Scissors in the Cheetah theme – they used to come out with a theme each year – check out this awesome photo to give you an idea.
10 blocks down…and I’m loving the sampler style of quilting that’s for sure! Have you done any samplers before? If you have let me know which ones or share a link in the comments as I haven’t done any before this one and I should have!
Find me over here…
I host a podcast over here…
- Valerie’s Variety Podcast: Spring Pillow Pattern
(it’s about eating, reading and creating…)
Here’s a great AudioDrama, that I narrate…
- Project DF Podcast: e1: My Wife is an Invalid
(it’s a Mystery, it’s a true story…)
Hashtags # on instagram I follow for this quilt project:
#ScrapQuilts #SamplerQuilts #QuiltLove #QuiltLife
#create #quilter #ThisIsMyHappyPlace
#BabyJaneQuilt #JaneStickleQuilt #JaneStickle
(am I missing any? leave me a note in the comments)
My Dear Jane Inspo…
(these are my go-tos when I’m researching blocks, techniques, and just to get inspo)
- Teresa Down Under (great resource, blog)
- Hobby Stash (great resource, blog)
- Dear Jane Inspo (board on my Pinterest page, blog)
- Fabadashery (English Paper Pieces all blocks, blog)
- Poole’s Piecing (English Paper Pieces, and glue baste, video)
- Mari Carmen Moreno (it’s in Spanish but well worth the watch, video)