- Originally Completed: May 1, 2022
- Technique: Paper Pieced
- Number of Pieces: 11
- Blocks Completed to Date: 8
(get your Dear Jane book coil bound, cost +/- $5 at Staples…trust me, it makes things easier)
Florence Nightingale was a pretty easy block, whipped up the paper pieced sections in no time! When you paper piece, you’ll need to separate it into sub-sections – these are easier to work with.
The history behind the Florence Nightingale is pretty incredible, she was essentially the first ‘nurse’ at the time in the late 1800’s and was also referred to as “The Lady with the Lamp’ as she did her rounds at night. She developed the first school for nurses in the world, in London. Wow, I love hearing about 1 women making a difference.
this ^^ round table is actually an antique piano stool, circa 1890s (wish I played) I use it as my stool to sew on, it swivels, has claw feet with glass balls, and just the most perfect backdrop for these little blocks. The scissors are 4″ Gingher Scissors in the Cheetah theme – they used to come out with a theme each year – check out this awesome photo to give you an idea.
The eggs in this fabric are so pretty with their slight speckle.
Find me over here…
- Pinterest @VJMoss
- Instagram @ValerieJMoss
I host a podcast over here…
- Valerie’s Variety Podcast: Spring Pillow Pattern
(it’s about eating, reading and creating…)
Here’s a great AudioDrama, that I narrate…
- Project DF Podcast: e1: My Wife is an Invalid
(it’s a Mystery, it’s a true story…)
Hashtags # on instagram I follow for this quilt project:
#ScrapQuilts #SamplerQuilts #QuiltLove #QuiltLife
#create #quilter #ThisIsMyHappyPlace
#BabyJaneQuilt #JaneStickleQuilt #JaneStickle
(am I missing any? leave me a note in the comments)
My Dear Jane Inspo…
(these are my go-tos when I’m researching blocks, techniques, and just to get inspo)
- Teresa Down Under (great resource, blog)
- Hobby Stash (great resource, blog)
- Dear Jane Inspo (board on my Pinterest page, blog)
- Fabadashery (English Paper Pieces all blocks, blog)
- Poole’s Piecing (English Paper Pieces, and glue baste, video)
- Mari Carmen Moreno (it’s in Spanish but well worth the watch, video)