episode 71 season 1
I had the privilege of interviewing Valerie Martin, I found her through iTunes when searching for Valerie’s for this series. She’s a physiotherapist (she helps people change their behaviours and overcome problems). Things like past trauma, eating disorders, people pleasing, or self-destructive coping mechanisms, her purpose is to help, period!
Welcome back to Valerie’s Variety Podcast with your host me, Valerie Moss, this show is about ReViews, InterViews and my DailyViews, it’s a story podcast about my life in Calgary. This show drops every Tuesday. Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
This new series called ‘Valerie’ is a series about the Valerie’s, Val’s, Valley’s and whatever these amazing women go by, of the world. In this series I’m combing through the Jennifer’s Michelle’s and Cathy’s, looking for the vivacious, tenacious and dubious Valerie’s. Are you a Valerie get in touch with me – do you know a Valerie – tell her to connect. I’m looking for our common thread. Todays’ episode is with Valerie Martin from Nashville Tennessee.
Valerie Martin on the ‘Valerie’ Series
Valerie is light hearted but with serious undertones, she’s believes that everyone matters and is very positive about outcomes. She teaches Yoga, has an inspiring instagram page, a wealth of excellent books and resources. We started with a bit of a video chat and her studio is FULL of books, like FULL. She loves to read. She’s from Texas, y’all.
Thank you for listening to the interview check out my site ValerieMoss.ca for all the photos and links to the show notes and to Valerie’s Martin, her life and her social pages.
This show is written and produced by me, Valerie Moss, the theme music for this show is written and produced by Jason Schnell, the artwork for these episodes was supplied by Valerie’s Martins website and Instagram check it out over at WonderWell. Reach out to her, say hi from me, look at yourself and say positive words. Listen to her podcast called ‘What’s the effing point’ Where she’s talks candid and swears a little to get her point across about life.
Valerie Martin is one of the first Valerie’s I InterViewed and will not forget, I just like her real down to earth character and her belief in helping people find the brightness within them. She’s been on the other side of addition and has truly learnt from it. She’s a vegan in a meat state – like Calgary but south of the border. While editing this episode there was a few outstanding quetions I needed some answers on
1) I pressed her about the origin of her name – but she forgot to ask her dad, so funny, when this episode is about your name. How oftern to you get questioned about these details, so hard to forget to ask
2) When I first reached out to her, she had an immediate comment about being in love with Moss – so I asked her why, she says It’s stunningly beautiful and biologically incredible! The book Gathering Moss by Robin Wall Kimmerer (and even just this teaser from Brain Pickings) will blow your mind.
3) she was on her first ever trip to Canada like that weekend following our phone convo – so asked her about it! Kingston, year long training eco-pyshology – Can you give me an update on this portion?
Yes, I’m training with Andy Fisher and a small group of other therapists/folks from related professions. I’ve now been twice, and will have two more trips over the next few months. I haven’t had a chance to see much else of Canada, but the Sumac Centre (in Mountain Grove, ON, not far from Kingston) is a beautiful event space and I’m learning so much that’s really exciting to integrate into both my professional and personal life.
4) I owed her the link to the Melissa Gilbert TED talk – this is a great episode to listen to. This is the EAT Pray LOVE lady but guess what she had other books. One was a sirendipidously journey with another person – great story, I highly recommend to listen to this TED talk.
As promised a little late
Thanks for sharing, it’s on my list!
5) Valerie Chainy, Peter’s wife You made it Weird.- If you can send her my way. Or put me in touch with her, do you know Peter personally or just love his podcast?
I’ve never interacted with Valerie or Pete (Pete is kind of a big deal here in the US, haha) — but I did hear her lovely interview on one of Katie Dalebout’s podcast episodes (now called Let it Out, formerly known as The Wellness Wonderland). Maybe give it a listen and if you want to invite her on, reach out to her on Twitter?
Know a Valerie or are a Valerie?
If you know a Valerie (tell me about her) or are a Valerie, please get in touch with me, I want to get to know you…we might drink wine together (white or red?) or have a tea (do you like London Fog’s) just hang out become more acquainted. I’ve had so much interest into this right from early on, thank you Valerie… I cannot wait to get started.
Anyway, thanks for hanging out with me today, getting to know my new friend who has my name too. Leave me a rating on your podcast app, a comment and stay tuned we have some exciting shows coming up! See you next Tuesday!