episode 91 season 2
As you know, I’ve been dabbling into the wonderful world of audio books, now publishing more than 20 titles, I’ll feature these on my show every so often and maybe entice you to give a book a listen you wouldn’t typically think of. Maybe it’s Buddhism to improve your happiness, maybe it’s Wicca and learn about this nature based religion – maybe it’s about Keto the newest yet oldest way of eating. There’s links to all of these books in my show notes. Enjoy listen and leave me a review if you feel so inclined.
Todays Feature is
Buddhism for Beginners: Simple guide to learn and practice Buddhism meditation. Improve your happiness and reduce your daily stress and anxiety with mindfulness meditation training.
In this book you will learn
- Introduction – the different types of Buddhism: Schools, Theravada, Burmese, Mahayana, Nichiren, Vajrayana
- Spread of Buddhism and the course of events of the Dharma: Course of Events of the Dharma, Current Buddhism as in Buddhism today
- Impermanence In Buddhism: principle of impermanence and what it is plus rehearsing
- The Simple Guild to Learning: Right View of Life, Advantages of Right Understanding, a life plan, obstructions, unwinding, 5 precepts of controlling being careful with bias and propaganda, family life, practice of benevolence, liberating the mind, mindful breathing, confronting death with equanimity, the good buddhist
- Practicing Buddhism Meditation and types: Mindfulness, adoring kindness, empathy, grateful joy, composure practice, concentration meditation, zazen, reciting practices, Tonglen
- Meditation Techniques for Beginners and Others: Concentration, Body Scan, Self Metta (loving kindness), Strolling, being Open, Qigong, Day by Day Task, Thinking While driving
- Meditation Positions: Posture, positions for Beginners, Quarter Lotus Pose, Burmese Posture, Kneeling Meditation, Sitting in a chair, Lying Down, level flat on the ground, straight spine, full lotus, standing and strolling meditation
- Adoration and Kindness – cultivating an open heart, loving kindness, cherishing kindness, traditional betta meditation, cherishing kindness in daily life,
- How to Meditate: getting results and regular practice
- Mindfulness in Daily Life – mindfulness listening, careful listening, halting and listening, planned questions, reflecting back
- Careful Eating: Benefits, Techniques and reflections, when and the amount to eat and being tuned in when eating
- Monkey Mind – what it is and working with it, perceive the monkey mind, utilize the breath, develop metta (loving kindness), practice self-compassion, notice reactions to monkey mind, use awareness triggers, practice mindful consumption
Yes there’s a lot in this book but it is so valuable especially if you haven’t given this religious practice much thought in the past. I know I haven’t but I do reflect more on the mindful spirit now and being kind. No complaining, staying positive. Once time, someone said if you can think of something that made you smile – a few times a day – it sets you in a better mood. Think of this, a cute kitty or a dog, rolling around in their own moment, in the sun, doesn’t this make you smile? See I told you! or how about this one…see a baby giggle yep gotcha, it makes you feel good.
Here’a preview of one of the chapters, enjoy
there’s a link to this Audiobook, Buddhism for Beginners that I’ve narrated and produced on my blog – in these show notes so check it out and if you feel so inclined, leave a review! Follow me on Instagram – Facebook – Pinterest