So I’ve been working on a BOM by Lynette Anderson http://lynetteandersondesigns.typepad.com/
here’s a picture of one block that has the embroidery stitching completed and the triangles around the perimeter (which I changed from the original pattern) I still have to complete the applique for the homes.
This 2nd image is the center of the alternating blocks with solids, 9 patches (52) and these cute little heart with swirl center blocks (13) almost finished just need to stitch the hearts in place.
One of the girls in this club said that one block took her approx 10+ hours to complete…some of them I believe that!:-)
The Freebie 15 project – for those of you who don’t know what this is it’s a Block of the Month (BOM) this is given out by the stores as long as you get your block completed each month the next month is free!! It’s a kind of mystery quilt project as you don’t know what it will look like until it’s done. see a few of the blocks from this challenge that I have completed thus far. This is through TraditionalPastimes.com
I did finally get to give my niece her quilt – the quilt for Grace and she was so happy as well as the rest of the family – overwhelming response which was awesome!!
These aren’t that great as they were taken with an iphone but my SIL Colleen will be sending me the better ones – thanks in advance Colleen!!
Here’s some pics of the quilt setup on her bed what a perfect match – Auntie’s just know 🙂
I’ve also spruced up our sheets and pillow cases for our holiday trailer – I just thought that they should be a little more fun and I’m pretty happy with how they turned out here’s the pics:
First pic is the bow on the top band of sheets with bow ties.
Second Pic is the ties to close the pillow cases after the pillow goes in them
Third one is showing the complete set.
I think that’s all for today…
Happy Sewing…Quilting…and Crafting
For the next entry I have designed a laptop bag for my mac as well as working on a design for my ipod so I can strap it to me when I’m jogging in the mornings…I’ve also started covering my old cookie tins with fabrics for my sewing room shelves and to store fabric stashes in.