- Originally Completed: April 24, 2022
- Technique: Paper Pieced, Pieced
- Number of Pieces: 27
- Blocks Completed to Date: 4
(get your Dear Jane book coil bound, cost +/- $5 at Staples…trust me, it makes things easier)
If you choose to go down this road like I am, tracing each block from the book, measure all the pieces, doing the math, figuring out your triangles. To me, this is part of the Dear Jane experience, doing the work part. Think of it this way; you are deciding how YOU want to build YOUR blocks! And what techniques you want to try. I’m using Carol Doak founding paper – it is like super light weight construction paper.
This is a portion of the center paper-pieced square, these paper pieces can get pretty – tiny, so honing your skills about taking your time, cutting, pinning, sewing, and PRESSING make a huge deal and I’m starting to realize I need to slooowwww doowwwnnn making these blocks.
Interesting as my fourth block and how the paper piecing in this teeny-tiny scale works and lining up the middle. I did the middle square and then continued to build the block around it.
Strong contrast on this block, which I love, this fabric by Tim Holtz is AMAZING.
this ^^ round table is actually an antique piano stool, circa 1890s (wish I played) I use it as my stool to sew on, it swivels, has claw feet with glass balls, and just the most perfect backdrop for these little blocks. The scissors are 4″ Gingher Scissors in the Cheetah theme – they used to come out with a theme each year – check out this awesome photo to give you an idea.
Find me over here…
I host a podcast over here…
- Valerie’s Variety Podcast: Spring Pillow Pattern
(it’s about eating, reading and creating…)
Here’s a great AudioDrama…
- Project DF Podcast: e1: My Wife is an Invalid
(it’s a Mystery, it’s a true story…)
Hashtags # on instagram I follow for this quilt project:
#ScrapQuilts #SamplerQuilts #QuiltLove #QuiltLife
#create #quilter #ThisIsMyHappyPlace
#BabyJaneQuilt #JaneStickleQuilt #JaneStickle
(am I missing any? leave me a note in the comments)
My Dear Jane Inspo…
(these are my go-tos when I’m researching blocks, techniques, and just to get inspo)
- Teresa Down Under (great resource, blog)
- Hobby Stash (great resource, blog)
- Dear Jane Inspo (board on my Pinterest page, blog)
- Fabadashery (English Paper Pieces all blocks, blog)
- Poole’s Piecing (English Paper Pieces, and glue baste, video)
- Mari Carmen Moreno (it’s in Spanish but well worth the watch, video)